Role and attributions
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Migration and Tunisians Abroad is primarily responsible for the following:
* Drafting and implementing Tunisia’s foreign policy in conformity with the directives of the Head of State;
* The Bilateral representation of the Republic of Tunisia in the Foreign States as well as International Organizations and Institutions;
* Offering consular assistance and support to Tunisian expatriates worldwide and protecting their business interests;
* Serving as an official intermediary between the Tunisian Ministries & organizations and the Foreign Diplomatic, Consular Missions and Organizations accredited in Tunisia;
* Overseeing the preparation and conduct of Bilateral & Multilateral negotiations and fostering cooperation opportunities with relevant Ministries;
* Advancing foreign policy recommendations, signing bilateral & multilateral agreements and ensuring its correct application.